Rockford Water Treatment System Controls
Rockford, IL back to portfolio
Control system engineering, programming, and SCADA controls configuration services were included as part of a $75M Capital Improvement Plan upgrading Rockford’s water supply, treatment and distribution systems.
- 40 remote well sites involved.
- New control panel at each site, with PLC and radio.
- New control panel with PLC and radio at Operations Center.
- System-wide use of Ethernet communications for PLC’s, VFD’s, and Ethernet radios.
- Two SCADA server PC’s running new SCADA software. Thin client computers and client PC’s for operators and supervisors.
- Proficy iFIX SCADA software for operator interface at Operations Center.
- Touch-screen operator interfaces at each well site, as well as at Operations Center.
City of Rockford
$75 Million Upgrade
Don Voogt, Scott Mahnke
American Water Works Association (APWA), Illinois Chapter, 2011 Public Works Project of the Year