McMAHON has been named a Top 500 Design Firm by Engineering News Record (ENR); and a Best Civil Engineering Firm to Work For by CE News. Accolades also include designation as a Top 25 Engineering Firm by Milwaukee Magazine. McMAHON has been recognized locally and nationally for award-winning designs and leadership in innovation.
2015 Top Project “exceeding expectations” by the Wisconsin Daily Reporter – Fox Valley Hematology and Oncology, Appleton, Wisconsin
Wastewater and Biosolids Management
- Wisconsin Focus on Energy consultant for the Development of Energy Consumption Guidelines for Water/Wastewater Facilities
- First utilization of reed sludge drying beds as a means of biosolids stabilization and drying in Wisconsin, Indiana and Illinois
- Design of Wisconsin’s first on-site sodium hypochlorite generation system for wastewater disinfection
- Utilization of the Nation’s first and largest Auto-Thermal Thermophilic Aerobic Digestion (ATAD) system for the stabilization of biosolids.
This project, installed at the Grand Chute-Menasha West, Wisconsin treatment plant, earned McMAHON the Grand Prize for Excellence in Design from the American Academy of Environmental Engineers (AAEE)
- The Nation’s first full-scale Temperature-phased Anaerobic Digestion (TPAD) System.
Installed at the Sturgeon Bay Utilities Wisconsin Wastewater Treatment Plant, this project received the Grand Prize for Excellence in Environmental Engineering of Small Projects from the American Academy of Environmental Engineers (AAEE)
- First installation in the United States that couples high-rate ballasted sedimentation (Actiflo) and a biological aerated filter (Biostyr) for the treatment of municipal wastewater.
The innovation of this system, installed at the Heart of the Valley Metropolitan Sewerage District Wastewater Treatment Facility, Outagamie County, Wisconsin, earned McMAHON an Excellence In Environmental Engineering Award from the American Academy of Environmental Engineers (AAEE).
- 2008 Build Wisconsin Award by The Associated General Contractors of America for the Heart of the Valley Metropolitan Sewerage District Wastewater Treatment Facility.
- 2009 Public Works Project of the Year Award ($2-$10M) by the Illinois Chapter of the American Public Works Association (APWA) to the Village of Morton, Illinois, Wastewater Treatment Facility Improvements Project.
- 2015 – Design and Construction of the tallest, prestressed concrete water tank in the United States (3.75 MG standpipe, 80’ diameter, 100’ tall). Central Brown County Water Authority, Wisconsin. American Public Works.
- 2011 – Association (APWA), Illinois Chapter Public Works Project of the Year Award for the City of Rockford, Illinois, Water System Improvement Project.
- 2008 Build Wisconsin Award by The Associated General Contractors of America for the City of Neenah Water Treatment Plant.
- 2015 Wisconsin Masonry Alliance (WMA) Excellence in Masonry Award: “Best of Clay Masonry” for the Little Chute Windmill Visitor’s Center
- 2015 American Concrete Pavement Association National Award for Excellence in Concrete Pavement for Outstanding Design and Construction. Monroe Avenue (STH 57), Brown County, WI.
- 2014 WisDOT NE Region – Outstanding Highway Construction Award for Excellence in Asphalt Paving. STH 32, Brown County, WI.
- 2014 WisDOT Excellence in Concrete Paving Award. Monroe Avenue (STH 57), Brown County, WI.
- 2014 American Concrete Pavement Association National Award for Excellence in Concrete Pavement for Outstanding Design and Construction. STH 96, Little Chute, Wisconsin.
- 2010 WisDOT NE Region – Outstanding Highway Construction Award for Excellence in Concrete Paving. USH 45, Winnebago County, WI.
- 2004 American Concrete Pavement Association’s National Award for Design & Construction (Municipal Streets & Intersections <30,000 s.y). Main Street (STH 96) Little Chute, Wisconsin.